MAKE/MODEL: Triple Cockpit Runabout
ENGINE: Crusader 454 400 HP
DESCRIPTION: Very Rare John L Hacker Design Hutchinson. During the late 1920s Hutchinson Boat Works began building wooden boats with the Triple Cockpit Runabouts being the preferred model. These boats became very popular along the St Lawrence River. Known for their speed and hull style as they were designed not to level off as their speed increased, making the hull more stable on the choppy waters. In 1926, twin runabouts were built for twin brothers, Thomas Dewart and William Dewart, who named the boats “Go-Getter” and “Vagabond King”. The boats were raced that same year in the Chamber of Commerce 30 Mile Class Race. The twin boys were well known on the river, willing to race anyone that would take them on. The boats were kept in a boat house on the estate that is now the Keewaydin State Park.